What It Is and How to Live In It!
Are you living in insufficiency, sufficiency or abundance? Find out in the Biblical Prosperity eStudy Guide by Dr. Ian Bond.
Jesus promises his followers that they may have life, and that they may have it abundantly.
Are you living in insufficiency, sufficiency or abundance? Avoiding the errors of extreme “prosperity teaching” this seminar will give you an understanding of principles of work, wealth and worship that is Biblical and balanced. Experience the abundant life Jesus has provided through the exchange at the cross.
Topics covered in this eStudy Guide:
* Prosperity gospel or poverty gospel?
* The exchange at the cross
* Work, wealth and worship
* Worship through working
* Worship through giving
Part 1: Prosperity Gospel or Poverty Gospel?
I. PROSPERITY IS GOD’S WILL
A. 3 John 2-4, 11—the truth of God’s Word is that God desires that believers be prosperous.
1. euodoo, means “to help on the road; succeed in reaching.”
2. Divine prosperity is not a momentary, passing phenomenon, but rather it is an ongoing, progressing state of success and blessing.
1. “The world’s definition of prosperity is financial, political and military power. It is based on a scale of dollars and cents. But true prosperity is the ability to use God’s ability and power to meet the needs of mankind: spirit, soul, body, financially and socially.” (Kenneth Copeland).
2. Biblical prosperity includes:
a) Spiritual prosperity (see John 3:3-7).
b) Mental prosperity (see Philippians 4:6, 7).
c) Physical prosperity (see 3 John 2 in the KJV)
II. BIBLICAL PROMISES OF PROSPERITY
A. Old Testament
1. Before the Fall: Genesis 2:12
2. Consider Abraham: Isaiah 51:1, 2; Genesis 13:2; 24:1
3. Isaac: Genesis 26:12, 13
4. Moses, the Lawgiver, came out with all the gold of Egypt: Deuteronomy 8:18
5. The Prophets: Isaiah 60:5
B. New Testament
1. Jesus: Luke 6:38; Mark 10:17-30; Matthew 8:20; Luke 8:1-3; John 13:29.
2. Paul: 2 Corinthians 9:8; Philippians 4:19
III. AVOID EXTREME “PROSPERITY TEACHING”
A. The “Prosperity Gospel” emphasizes the KJV translation of 3 John 2.
1. A person may be well in body and financially, but sick in soul...
How to order the complete Biblical Prosperity eStudy Guide
You may purchase the full .pdf eNotes Study Guide for $25.00 through out secure PayPal service. You will be asked to supply an email delivery address to which we can email your .pdf eNotes Study Guide.
You may print as many copies of your .pdf eNotes Study Guide as you need for use in your Sunday school class or Bible study group.
NOTE: We can normally email .pdf eNotes Study Guides within 24 hours of receiving the order. However, when we are traveling, especially overseas, we are not always able to check our website and emails every day. Please be patient if delivery is delayed for this reason as we do not have a home office staff. THANK YOU!
Dr. Bond's complete lecture series on Biblical Prosperity in MP3 format.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
I write informative and inspirational Bible study material exclusively for subscribers to to my monthly newsletter, eBibleTeacher.
It also tells you each month about the new information that I have added to free-online-bible-study.org. So please subscribe today!
Would you like to host a Biblical Propserity seminar at your church, Bible school, or Bible study group?
I am able to conduct a Biblical Prosperity seminar at your church, school, or study group throughout the United States and Canada. I am also available to facilitate seminars in other countries on a more limited basis.
The seminar requires six hours of class time. This is ideal for a weekend seminar.