WordSearch is an easy-to-master Bible study method designed to enable the serious student to study, understand and use the Bible in its original languages. For many years I used this method to teach Biblical languages to graduate students at Beacon University.
The WordSearch methodology has been developed from the highly acclaimed Lexical Aids approach to biblical languages pioneered by my own biblical Greek and Hebrew professor, Dr. Ron Cottle.
In Dr. Cottle's introductory Greek class we learned the Greek alphabet, word formation, the verbal system, and syntax. The class enabled us to develop skills in the use of Greek concordance and lexicons, as well as the use of various linguistic helps and differing English translations.
In the advanced class we became skilled in the effective use of advanced electronic aids and language software in exegesis. Professor Cottle successfully used the same methodology in our introductory and advanced biblical Hebrew classes.
The unique technique for studying the Greek New Testament and the Hebrew Old Testament pioneered by Dr. Cottle is the single most helpful Bible study methodology I have been trained in.
The WordSearch method will take your Bible study to a higher level. On this page and in the linked articles I will focus primarily on New Testament Greek. I will briefly discuss biblical Hebrew. However, you should keep in mind that once you have mastered the technique you can apply it with equal effectiveness to the Greek and Hebrew texts of the Bible.
As a result of applying unique method of Bible study, students will be able to:
* Identify valuable lexicographical aids for use in the study of the New (or Old) Testament and demonstrate the correct use of each aid.
* Explain the strengths and weaknesses of each of the lexicographical aids and use them in the translation of actual New (or Old) Testament passages in the original language.
* Exegete with expertise any passage of the New (or Old) Testament and derive its essential meaning in context, that is, what it meant to its hearers.
* Write an exegetical paper and demonstrate how to move from text to sermon.
This webpage and links:
(1) Introduces the Greek Alphabet .
(2) Gives a general background to Greek translation.
(3) Provides an overview of the lexical tools used and an outline of the method used for word studies in New Testament Greek. (4) Introduces the tools required for Hebrew Bible study .
free printable Bible study worksheet templates.
(6) Offers exegetical papers based on studies of the Greek and Hebrew words, which my students have most frequently requested, which you may download and use in your personal or group Bible study or sermon outlines, absolutely free.
I teach New Testament Greek and Old Testament Hebrew using this study method in seminars organized by Teach the Nations, Inc. at the Cunningham Center for Leadership Development at Columbus state University in Columbus, Georgia and as an online webinar for subscribers to free-online-bible-study.org.
No classes are currently scheduled.
The basic New Testament Greek class requires ten hours of class time. This is ideal for a weekend seminar. Typically I will teach 6-10 PM on Friday; 9 AM-noon and 1-4 PM on Saturday.
I am able to conduct a weekend seminar at your church, school, or study group throughout the United States and Canada. I am also available to teach seminars or classes in other countries on a more limited basis.
contact me for more information.
I have used this excellent Greek and Hebrew Tutor software for many years and would highly recommend it. The final project in each course is that you will do your own translation of a major passage in the New and Old Testaments respectively.
I write informative and inspirational Bible study material exclusively for subscribers to to my monthly newsletter, eBibleTeacher. It also tells you each month about the new information that I have added to free-online-bible-study.org. So please subscribe today!
Please subscribe to my Bible Study Blog. By subscribing to the RSS feed (see the left column), you keep up-to-date with all the new free-online-bible-study.org pages as they go up, as well as all special postings.
I write informative and inspirational Bible study material exclusively for subscribers to to my monthly newsletter, eBibleTeacher.
It also tells you each month about the new information that I have added to free-online-bible-study.org. So please subscribe today!
Visit our Free-Online-Bible-Study.org aStore powered by Amazon.com. to view books and other study resources reviewed or referenced on this web page.
Then explore our entire aStore. We have built a Category Page as a resource companion for each article on our Free-Online-Bible-Study.org website.
The books and resources listed do not represent the views of Free-Online-Bible-Study.Org or
Teach the Nations, Inc.
Top picks from our aStore...
You will find my recommendations for original language resources and lexical aids, which I use in WordSearch graduate classes and church seminars on the respective
Greek word study and
Hebrew word study pages.